August 6, 2018
REQUEST FOR “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST”
The Renaissance City Development Association (RCDA), the City of New London’s economic development agency, is soliciting “Expressions of Interest” from qualified law firms for legal services. RCDA’s primary responsibilities are the redevelopment of the Fort Trumbull peninsula in accordance with the 2000 Fort Trumbull Municipal Development Plan (MDP) and assisting the City of New London in various capacities associated with economic development within the City.
The desired firm would have experience in negotiating and executing commercial real estate transactions and associated agreements and contracts. Working experience with State and Federal agencies such as DECD, DEEP and EPA is mandatory, as well as experience with State and Federal Brownfield and other Environmental Assessment and Remediation programs.
SELECTION FOR INTERVIEWS
RCDA staff will review submissions and select qualified firms for interviews based on the following criteria:
· Experience in negotiating and executing commercial real estate transactions and associated agreements and contracts;
· Experience working with local, state and federal agencies such as Planning & Zoning and Conservation Commissions, DECD, DEEP and EPA is mandatory;
· Experience with the legal requirements of State and Federal Brownfield and other assessment and remediation programs preferred;
· Experience in reviewing market and feasibility studies as well as financial audits/reports of potential developers; and
· Respondent must warrant that it has no pending legal claims and is not involved currently, nor has been in the past, a party to any legal actions against RCDA or the City of New London.
Responses, identified as “Legal Services; Expression of Interest”, must be sent to RCDA electronically at either of the following email addresses NO LATER THAN AUGUST 20, 2018:
Attention Peter Davis, Executive Director
Frank McLaughlin, Assistant Executive Director
Qualified respondents will be invited to make a presentation no later than August 24, 2018. RCDA staff anticipates that interviews will be scheduled the week of August 27, 2018.
RCDA expressly reserves the right to reject any-and- all submissions.
Peter W. Davis
Executive Director, RCDA